Nothing compares to the sweet and tangy flavor of a peach cobbler pie! Made with items found in your kitchen pantry, this dessert is wholesome and delicious. With a couple of ripe, fresh peaches and a few dry ingredients, you can make your own peach cobbler from scratch. Below, we have listed the key components, as well as some simple cooking instructions, that you will need to get started. Give it a try and let us know how you like it!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups fresh peach slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
- Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg, if desired.
- Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.
Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to compliment the spices and flavors of this sweet treat!
A simple take on a Southern classic, this recipe is perfect for beginners and everyone in between. Feel free to modify any the ingredients, like using canned peaches instead of fresh ones. If you would like to share your peach cobbler recipe or pictures with us, follow Mama Sheila’s House of Soul on social media. We can’t wait to see what you’ve cooked up!